Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
After more insights? Contact us for access.
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports December 2020
- VFACTS: New Car Sales Insights December 2020
- Will There Be More Car Sales in 2021?
- Monthly Car Supply Update November 2020
- Prices were up again this past week (+1.3%) with ex-leases again leading the increase (+3.8%)
- Prices are now nearly 30% higher than the beginning of the year
- Supply was also up again (+9.1%) with repos (+70.7%) leading the increase
- Clearance rates were down (-3.9%) but are still at historic highs
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were largely positive with the Toyota Landcruiser Prado (+2.5%) seeing the largest increase
- Stock still remains considerably low – see our latest reports on car supply and export/import activity
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.