Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports September 2021
- VFACTS: New Car Sales Insights September 2021
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update August 2021
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports August 2021
- Prices were once again relatively flat this past week (+0.8%)
- Prices for ex-Government (+3.6%) and ex-Fleet cars (+1.3%) led the way in price increases
- Supply saw a significant fall this week (-20.4%) as stock shortages in the market dragged transaction volume
- Ex Government (-8.1%) and Ex-fleet (-7.6%) vehicles saw the largest reductions to supply, which may have helped strong price results
- Clearance rates also saw a significant reduction (-5.7%) but still remain at historically high levels
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were mixed again with the Isuzu D-MAX having the strongest increase (+4.7%) after a lackluster showing last week
- Holden Commodore’s (+3.2%) and Hyundai i30’s (+2.5%) also saw increases, while the Toyota Hiace (-4%) and Holden Colorado (-3.7%) led the declines
- Feedback from market participants indicates an easing of market conditions following the end of the Financial Year
- Stock shortages remain the largest concern, particularly with new car imports at historical lows
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.