Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update January 2022
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports November 2021
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update October 2021
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports October 2021
- Prices were once again flat this past week (+0.6%)
- Prices have increased (+8%) this year, despite April’s historic fall
- Prices for Council (+6.2%) and Corporation cars (+4.1%) led the way in price increases
- Supply reversed last week’s falls to increase (+30.4%) back to normal levels
- Repossessed (+44%) and Ex-fleet (+45.1%) vehicles saw the largest increase to supply
- Clearance rates also reversed last week’s reduction (+7.9%) and continue to hit historic highs
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were largely positive with the Ford Ranger having the strongest increase (+2%)
- Isuzu D-MAX’s (+3.2%) and Toyota Camry’s (+2.5%) led the declines
- Stock remains low – see our latest report on export/import activity
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.