Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports May 2021
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update May 2021
- VFACTS: New Car Sales Insights May 2021
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports April 2021
- Prices saw another jump this past week (+2.1%) with light commercial vehicles seeing the strongest gain (+3.8%)
- Prices for repossessed vehicles (+5.7%) and ex-Government fleets (+5.5) led the price increase
- Supply lessened (-10.8%) this past week after a strong influx the week prior, although ex-Council vehicle supply continues to increase (+13.6%)
- Clearance rates continue to climb to historic high levels (+2.3%)
- Prices for the top 15 traded vehicles continue to mostly see gains, with only Mitsubishi Triton’s seeing a slight decline (-1.1%)
- While stock shortage continues to be a theme, feedback suggests trading conditions are incredibly positive in both auction and retail channels
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.