Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
- VFACTS: New Car Sales Insights August 2021
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update July 2021
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports July 2021
- VFACTS: New Car Sales Insights July 2021
- Prices were up (+1.7%) once again this week
- SUV’s (+2.8%) and Passenger vehicles (+2.7%) drove increases
- Prices right now are stronger than they’ve ever been in the past decade
- Repossessions (+2.7%) and ex-leases (+1.6%) saw strong price increases
- Supply was up (+4.6%) but still remains incredibly volatile
- Clearance rates were also up (+3.4%)
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were largely positive with the Hyundai i30 (+3.3%) and Toyota Corolla (+2.4%) seeing the largest increase, whereas the Isuzu D-MAX saw the largest fall (-6.4%)
- As highlighted above, stock remains considerably low – see our latest reports on car supply and export/import activity
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.