Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update January 2022
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports November 2021
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update October 2021
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports October 2021
- Prices were up (+1.6%) once again this week
- Light Commercials (+2.7%) drove increases, followed by SUV’s (1.4%)
- Ex-Council (+4.7%) and repossessions (+4.7%) saw strong price increases
- Supply reversed last weeks increase (-17%)
- With stock levels low, volatility in supply has increased the past several weeks
- Clearance rates were slightly down (-2.5%)
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were largely positive with the Toyota Landcruiser Prado seeing the largest increase (+4.8%)
- As highlighted above, stock remains considerably low – see our latest reports on car supply and export/import activity
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.