Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
After more insights? Contact us for access.
- Monthly Car Supply Update October 2020
- Monthly Car Supply Update September 2020
- Monthly Car Supply Update August 2020
- Monthly Car Supply Update July 2020
- Prices were down again this past week (-1.2%) with repossessions leading the decline (-11.3%)
- Light commercial (-2.1%) and SUV’s (-1.2%) led the decreases
- Supply was up (+8.2%) with ex-leases (+29.1%) and ex-councils (+36.7%) leading the increases
- Clearance rates were also up (+4.1%) and remain at historic highs
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were mixed with the Mitsubishi Triton (+8.8%) seeing the largest increase and the Volkswagen Amarok (-4%) seeing the largest decrease
- Stock still remains considerably low – see our latest reports on car supply and export/import activity
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.