Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
After more insights? Contact us for access.
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update January 2022
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports November 2021
- Monthly Truck & Equipment Update October 2021
- Global Car Production, Sales and Exports October 2021
- Prices were relatively flat the past week (+0.7%)
- After 6 months of strong week-to-week increases, prices look to be softening
- Passenger vehicles drove most of the increases (+4.1%)
- Prices for repossessed vehicles were down (-5.3%), however ex-leases performed well (+7.1%)
- Supply was down (-5.1%) the past week
- Clearance rates were flat (+0.1%) and look to have reached a ceiling
- Prices for top 15 traded vehicles were largely negative with most vehicles seeing small declines
- Holden Colorado (+7%) and Toyota Rav4 (+4.2%) drove increases
- As highlighted above, stock remains considerably low – see our latest reports on car supply and export/import activity
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.