Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
After more insights? Contact us for access.
- Weekly Market Update 27th June 2022
- Weekly Market Update 20th June 2022
- Weekly Market Update 13th June 2022
- Weekly Market Update 6th June 2022
- Prices were down (-1.8%) with repossessed vehicles (-6.6%) seeing the largest decrease
- With lockdowns across several regions of Australia, price volatility in the market has increased
- Supply was down again (-8.5%), owing to lockdowns in Sydney and Melbourne
- Clearance rates were down (-1.3%)
- Prices for the top 15 traded vehicles were mixed with the Toyota RAV4 (-6.3%) and Isuzu D-Max (-2.3%) seeing the largest decrease
- With 2020 behind us, read our newest article on what 2021 might hold for car sales
- Stock still remains considerably low – see our latest reports on VFACTS new car sales and global car production, sales and exports
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.