Read our latest weekly update on the state of the used car market containing analysis of prices, volume and clearance rates.
- Weekly Market Update 29th June 2020
- Weekly Market Update 22nd June 2020
- Australian Used Car Prices Bounce Back Despite COVID-19: New Datium Insights-Moody’s Analytics IndexA new index launched by Moody’s Analytics in collaboration with Datium Insights reveals that Australian … Read more
- Weekly Market Update 15th June 2020
- Prices continue strong rebound and have now recovered what was lost due to COVID-19
- Prices for ex-lease vehicles (+5.9%) and repossessed vehicles (+7.1%) saw strong increases this past week
- Clearance rates also increased, particularly for repossessed vehicles
- Sales volume dropped from last week, reflecting market feedback regarding lack of supply
- Sales volume for repossessions increased (+25.3%), although this was from a low base due to COVID-19
- Prices for most vehicles saw an increase
- Passenger vehicles, which are featuring less overall as volume sellers, saw the strongest overall increase
- Feedback still coming through from market participants that there is a shortage of used car stock
By Tanim Ahmed, Head of Product at Datium Insights
Tanim is a Macquarie University alumni with degrees in Finance and Economics. He has spent a decade in the Leasing and Finance industry, specializing in Residual Value risk.
Please contact Datium Insights for further analytical support and advisory services.
Disclaimer: This is a general information service only and we do not provide advice or take into account your personal circumstances, financial situation or needs. Please seek professional advice with regards to how any of the material on this website can impact your own financial situation. Datium Insights is not liable for any loss caused, whether due to negligence or otherwise arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided directly or indirectly, by use of this website.