We currently have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join Datium Insights as a Data Visualisation Lead to enhance our PowerBI capabilities.
The successful candidate will be working within the Business Intelligence unit and will have a chance to develop his/her career in the fields of analytics, visualisations and data science.
What You Can Look Forward To:
- Undertake development and execution of PowerBI data visualization and self-service capability that leads to improved performance and accomplishment of strategic and/or operational goals.
- Partner closely with senior leadership and key stakeholders to understand their business challenges and develop PowerBI visualization solutions to address them.
- Measure and improve adoption and user engagement of the PowerBI visualization portfolio.
- Implement methodologies and standards for all cycles of PowerBI development including requirements, prototyping, code development, code/asset management and versioning, documentation, and maintenance.
- Evolve analytics capabilities and champion PowerBI visualization and dashboarding standard methodologies for UI/UX development, data quality, deployment, and sustainable maintenance.
- Partner across data engineering, data science and other functional teams to accelerate the use of PowerBI visualizations and insights as part of the company’s data strategy.
- Actively evaluate and continuously improve the approach, toolset, and implementation of visual analytics and reporting.
- Take initiative to train, guide and educate colleagues and customers on all facets of PowerBI capabilities.
What We’d Like You To Have:
- 7+ years of relevant experience developing dashboards, data visualizations, analytical reports, and self-service tools.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in data visualization design and development using PowerBI.
- Advanced skills in writing DAX and creating calculated measures in PowerBI.
- Advanced skills in writing SQL queries.
- Demonstrated success in using analytics to drive data-driven decision making across an organization.
- A fantastic data visualization storyteller who is at ease presenting to, and can influence, senior executives and leadership to drive actionable business insights.
- Able to articulate data issues and report solutions clearly and be a very good communicator with excellent oral/written, presentation skills to various audiences.
- Excellent at capturing business needs and drivers in user stories that are meaningful to business stakeholders.
- Experience connecting to numerous data sources, both internal and external, using live connections and extracts.
- Familiarity of ETL processing, data transformation and data modelling techniques.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data and information and see the ‘bigger picture’.
- Experience within the Automotive industry is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, ideally specialising in Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in R, Python or other statistical tools is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, including proficiency in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word.