Is working with Data in the latest technologies your passion?
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Data Analyst who is a gun in developing insightful dataset that provide our business with the data they need to drive better business outcomes. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with our Data Engineers to design new Datawarehouse structures, build complex queries to provide data and work closely with the data engineers to develop data pipelines to feed the Warehouse and Data Lake with data from new sources.
Your duties will include requirements gathering and documentation, database design, development of SQL scripts, testing and data analytics. You will work closely with data engineers to develop ETL pipelines into the Data Lake and the Warehouse.
What You Can Look Forward To:
- Collects requirements from the business users and/or stakeholders
- Documents the Data Entities and Fields required (incl Data Types)
- Documents non-functional requirements.
- Peer reviews database and schema designs.
- Creates mappings documentation for pipelines and data requirements.
- Develops, unit tests and deploys DDL Scripts.
- Develops, unit tests and deploys data fixes.
- Develops adhoc queries for the Business and other Datium teams.
- Assists Data Engineers in the development of ETL pipelines.
- Suggests improvements to the coding standards.
- Creates test cases for all the work and tickets assigned and closed.
- Ensures the tests are working and showing in the Data Quality Dashboard
- Performs rostered operational activities and system health checks.
What We’d Like You To Have:
- 2+ years of working experience in data analytics, ideally within the Auction industry
- 2+ years experience with relational databases and / or data warehouse systems.
- Experience designing and developing new database or data warehouse tables.
- Experience developing stored procedures ideally in an MSSQL/Azure environment
- Advanced knowledge of Standard Query Language (SQL)
- Good written and verbal communication